Consulting Services and Expert Witness Services
Handle With Care’s President, Bruce Chapman, has testified as a use of force, behavior management, physical restraint and mechanical restraint expert at depositions, criminal trials, administrative hearings, a Native American Tribal Court (Paute) and various state and federal court proceedings. Mr. Chapman is a qualified expert on such topics as self-defense and unarmed use-of-force, the proper and improper use of physical and therapeutic (mechanical restraint), negligence matters involving allegations of misconduct and excessive use-of-force. He has worked for both Plaintiff and Defense counsels as a consultant and expert witness at a ratio of 60/40.
Mr. Chapman has been described as a true innovator in the field of physical restraint. In 2001, Bruce Chapman proprietary PRT® holding method was given the distinction of being the first and only physical technique in U.S. patent history for its integrated safeguards to prevent positional asphyxiation during a prone hold ( “Apparatus and Method for Safely Maintaining a Restraining Hold on a Person”).
Mr. Chapman has a reputation for conceiving ‘out of the box’ solutions and for presenting concise expert analysis and use-of-force testimony. He can assist any agency in crafting and shaping behavior management and restraint policies that conform with the minefield of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Mental Health and Social Service Agencies: psychiatric centers serving children and adults, general hospitals, EMTs and EMS, residential treatment facilities, developmental centers, substance abuse, in-patient and out-patient treatment programs, detoxification centers, geriatric and head injury.
- Residential Facilities, Group Homes and Foster Care.
- Schools and Special Education: including: nursery, grammar, middle and high schools, alternative schools, teachers, administrative staff, paraprofessionals, school resource officers.
- School Resource Officers
- Juvenile Justice: detention, juvenile probation, correctional facilities, court officers, hostage negotiators and security.
- Event and Concert Security: including: stadiums, arenas and convention centers.
- Law Enforcement and Adult Corrections: detention, probation, correctional facilities, court officers, hostage negotiators and security.